I don’t know about you, but my beauty regimen doesn’t end with my nighttime routine. After I finish all of my skin care steps and settle into bed, there are a few products I use well into the night.
Especially having just moved to the desert, I’m still getting used to a dry climate. You’ll notice a lot of my bedside beauty products are hydration-focused. As we move into summer, we’re running the air conditioner and fans to keep cool, which doesn’t help my skin or hair. I often wake up in the middle of the night to use one or more of these nightstand essentials. They keep me comfortable, and help me avoid morning damage control.
1 . Best Damn Beauty Best Damn Lip Mask: Dry lips is one of the most uncomfortable feelings to me. I used to slather petroleum jelly on my lips before bed, but then I discovered this lip mask. It’s thick and balmy, so a little goes a long way. Made with Organic Agave Nectar, Jojoba Oil, and 3x the amount of antioxidant trans-resveratrol found in red wine, this treatment goes to work restoring dry lips. It moisturizes and keeps them smooth, so I never have to wake up with patches or cracks. I apply generously right before bed, and sometimes top off if I wake up to use the bathroom.
2. Skinfix Hand Cream: These are my favorite hand creams, as they instantly make my skin feel smooth and hydrated. The effect lasts longer than other creams, as well, and helps repair dry skin that has cracked or become rough.
3. Ulta Beauty Clover Blossom Moisturizing Body Lotion: This instantly became my favorite lotion for summer as soon as it touched my skin. This hidden gem at Ulta Beauty is perfect for hotter weather, since it’s extremely lightweight. It contains shea butter for hydration, and Vitamins A, B5 C and E to nourish the skin. However, the Aloe in the formula is really what makes me love it, since it has a cooling and soothing sensation that feels so nice. The scent is fresh, clean and subtle.
4. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist: When we’ve got the air blasting, my skin dries out really quickly. I hate the feeling of a tight face when this happens, so keeping this face mist nearby is a must. It sprays a fine layer of the hyaluronic acid and black oat formula
that is refreshing and light, great for an extra boost of moisture.
5. 1L bkr Water Bottle: Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel like Spongebob when he went into Sandy’s house for the first time without water…
For some reason I used to lie awake at night feeling thirsty, but refusing to get out of bed because I was too comfortable. 30 minutes later- and still awake- I would finally get myself a glass of water. Now I keep my one liter bkr water bottle on my bedside table so I can take a few sips throughout the night. Go figure, I don’t wake up with a dry, sore throat anymore.
6. Garnier Fructis Style Frizz Guard: This anti-frizz dry spray is amazing for taming bad bed head. I keep it on my nightstand for when I need to roll out of bed and out the door quickly. It smooths flyaways with the again oil formula that’s light and won’t weigh the hair down. It also keeps humidity or dryness from poofing my hair throughout the day.
7. Crocodile Clips: These heavy-duty hair clips are the easiest way to get my thick hair out of my face during my skin care routine. They hold a large amount of hair at once, and can even hold a topknot in place. I only wear these around the house since they’re pretty bulky, and actually meant for sectioning hair during styling. I throw one in my hair as soon as I wake up so I can do my morning routine with ease.
8. Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Deodorant: It’s one of the only deodorants that work for me, period. Many other deodorants irritate my skin, and this one gives the best protection that I’ve experienced. So it’s a no-brainer. I keep it on the nightstand to remind me to wear it in the morning. Believe me, since I work from home, sometimes it can be hard to remember!
What nightstand beauty essentials do you keep at arm’s length?